Oops, I did it again (with apologies to B. Spears)

by Shari on April 4, 2014

Do you see this?

You know what it is, right?

That’s right. It’s a Girl Scout Cookie Order Form.

A blank one, obviously.

Kind of like the Girl Scout Cookie Form in my home.

Which is not blank, in fact is so not blank that it holds the names of 100 people who ordered Girl Scout Cookies from my daughter, but kind of like the blank one you see here because I lost the form and have no idea who these people are and what they ordered, so it might as well be blank.

Oops. Sing it with me, Britney.

Three years ago, I lost my daughter’s Girl Scout Cookie Order Form and learned the hard way to always make a copy. Which I did the next year and the year after.

But this year I thought to myself, “Copy, schmoppy. I never lose things anymore. I haven’t lost my keys since my husband gave me the key hang-er up-er thingy, I’ve stopped putting my wallet on top of my car and driving away, I still have my umbrella from Hurricane Irene, and I kept one pair of gloves for almost the entire winter until my son borrowed them and lost them and that doesn’t count because even though he is my blood relation, he must have lost them due to a recessive gene from my husband’s side, because I never lose things anymore, as previously stated in this thought to myself.”

Too bad my husband didn’t give me a Girl Scout Cookie Order Form safety deposit-er box-y thingy.

In case you’re wondering, I already checked my t-shirt drawer and the laundry basket, because, holy cow, wouldn’t it be funny if I did that again? I would just fall out laughing, wouldn’t you? And how much funnier would it be if I fell out laughing rather than fell out in the stress-related teeth-gnashing way that I actually fell out when I realized that I had once again lost the freakin’ Girl Scout Cookie Order Form?

Does anyone know a good tattoo artist? Because next year, I’m having it inked into my flesh.

Mary Kay April 4, 2014 at 1:36 pm

Are you sure your cookie mom doesn’t have it?? (snicker hee hee)

dusty earth mother April 4, 2014 at 2:20 pm

ooooooh, I’ll check!

Darrin April 4, 2014 at 1:37 pm

Ok I have cried many times reading your blog/post/thingy…but usually it is because I am laughing. The tears today were pure horror then relief.

The horror and panic kicked in when I feared that I might not have cookies!!! and then I remembered (This is when the relief kicked in) that I am in VA and did not order Girl Scout Cookies from you this year. (as you know Girl Scout Cookies are my “Crack” and I try to keep very little cash in my pockets during the cookie season) And if you had lost my order I might just have to Un-friend you.

dusty earth mother April 4, 2014 at 2:25 pm

So grateful that you don’t have to Unfriend me over my cookie idiocy. Because that would just be sad.

Mary Kay April 4, 2014 at 1:37 pm

And what are those first three cookies?? We don’t have those!

Becka April 4, 2014 at 5:13 pm

You need to get your council to get on board with the on-line ordering!! No losing what you never have possession of :)

dusty earth mother April 4, 2014 at 9:15 pm

YES! Who are you? I love you!

Becka April 5, 2014 at 12:07 am

I’m your sisters friend with the nose ring :) lol. The councils down here do it on-line. You don’t even have to knock on door anymore – the kids just send an email… I thought it was coming down from national so I’m surprised you guys don’t do it!

Linda Roy April 4, 2014 at 6:50 pm

I want samoans now. Or samosas. Or samoas. I hope you find the form.
A couple of years ago I ordered girl scout cookies from a friend who lives out of town, so I sent the money plus shipping costs up front. Two years later, I asked what happened to the cookies and she said “Oh – they’re here in a box somewhere – let me look for them.” So see? It could be much, much worse.

dusty earth mother April 4, 2014 at 9:17 pm

Oh no! (You think this is a response to the horror of your story, but actually it’s because I just realized that I never delivered a box of Savannah Smiles last year and it’s still in my cabinet).

Ann April 4, 2014 at 8:28 pm

OMFG. First they ruin a trip to Boston, now your entire life.

dusty earth mother April 4, 2014 at 9:18 pm

Right?! Is there no end to the injustices dealt me by the Girl Scouts of America?!

annemarie April 4, 2014 at 9:18 pm

we have to preorder our stash, estimating how many we think our daughter (we) will sell and keep them in our garage. Then, we pack them in our cars/purses/wagons/waterbottles ANYTHING to sell them to whomever, whenever we can, because otherwise, we are stuck with paying for however many boxes we did NOT sell.
#gscookienatzi’s

dusty earth mother April 5, 2014 at 1:04 am

I get it. I. GET. IT.

This Old Guy April 5, 2014 at 11:20 am

This post reminded me of the time my aunt was running around the house looking for her car keys. She actually had them in her hand.

dusty earth mother April 5, 2014 at 8:22 pm

I think you’re my nephew.

MAMA ROSE April 6, 2014 at 1:06 am

NOW FOR SURE YOU ARE YOUR MOTHER’S DAUGHTER. GOOD THING I JUST SENT MONEY AND DIDN’T WANT ANY STINKING COOKIES ANYHOW. A GIRL SCOUT COOKIE LOVER I AM NOT. DID YOU LOOK IN THE DRAWER THAT HAS EVERYTHING FOR THE LAST TEN YEARS??? I HAVE A LOT OF THEM. HOW ABOUT THAT VAN THAT WAS SO CLEAN WHEN I GAVE IT TO YOU AND NOW LOOKS LIKE YOU HAVE BEEN HOLDING SHREIKING PARTIES IN THERE. AND YES LOOK IN THE DIRTY CLOTHES HAMPER. OR JUST WAIT FOR EVERYONE TO CALL YOU AND ASK WHERE THERE COOKIES ARE. THAT’S IF THEY EVEN REMEMBER ORDERING THEM. BOY ARE YOU GONNA HAVE A LOT OF COOKIES ON YOUR SHELVES FOR A LONG TIME.
MY POOR HONEY. I STILL LUV YA.
MAMA ROSE

dusty earth mother April 7, 2014 at 12:56 pm

Oh, Mama Rose. The drawers that have ten years’ worth of stuff of them made me laugh out loud. Or cry. I’m not sure.

the mama bird diaries April 21, 2014 at 2:03 pm

I’m so stressed out!!! Find that sheet.

Shari April 22, 2014 at 1:16 pm

I knew you would be, Kelcey! I think you had just recovered from the incident three years ago, and now here I go and do it to you again. Alas, so far there has been no happy ending this year and I’ve been handing out boxes randomly and hoping for grace and mercy. Oy, my life.