Thanks a lot, Ben & Jerry

by Shari on April 8, 2013

This was in my inbox this morning:

Okay, Benjamin & Geraldo, I appreciate the attempt, but did you do your homework? Did your sustainable Vermont-y minds miss a small item about this “milestone”?

I am six month from my half-century mark.

50, B&J.

FIFTY.

And all you can manage is a lousy two-for-one?

Dudes, you should be bathing me in ice cream. Not telling me that I have one chance to print a coupon before it disappears forever.

I’m hoping you’ll do right by me on my actual birthday. I’m waiting for that “eat as much Cherry Garcia as you want because you made it to 50″ coupon. And please, let me have a couple of attempts before you yank that coupon because I can never remember to put paper in the printer. Because I’m FIFTY.

Sheesh.

*********************

In other news, tickets for Listen To Your Mother are on sale! Come see me and a superb cast of storytellers on Sunday, May 12 at 5pm at Symphony Space in NYC!

andrea-maybe it's just me April 8, 2013 at 2:48 pm

I am not convinced that the coupon is better than nothing…especially if the printer doesn’t cooperate! Then again, what do you have to buy and what do you get free? A free vat? Now that would be something.

dusty earth mother April 8, 2013 at 7:57 pm

I think it’s buy a cone, get a cone. Which is sad. A vat is what I’m hoping for on my real birthday.

Kristin April 8, 2013 at 5:26 pm

MAN. They do not screw around with their coupons! Sheesh. It makes your half-birthday all that more stressful. And what if you have no one to go with? You have to get one to go and one to eat on the way home? I’m still stuck over the printer warning. Ya know how problematic my printer is? I have to turn it off and back on and then unplug it and plug it back in, then smack it a few times…

dusty earth mother April 8, 2013 at 7:58 pm

Do we live together?? Because that sounds like my printer.

GRAMPS April 8, 2013 at 6:56 pm

What are you griping about????????

IT’S ICE CREAM!!!!!!!!!! AND IT’S FREE!!!!!!!!

dusty earth mother April 8, 2013 at 7:58 pm

Okay, Gramps, simmah down. But I do like your passion and perhaps it’s all in the perspective. Is the cone half-empty or half-full?

Anna Lefler April 9, 2013 at 1:43 pm

I say use that coupon and start gorging NOW. It’s always wise to get an early start on these things… Heh.

XOXO
A.

dusty earth mother April 9, 2013 at 2:05 pm

Oh. Good point. I can always count on you, Anna.

Trickiewoo April 9, 2013 at 8:38 pm

Who knew that Ben & Jerry’s were the instrument of Father Time, counting down your days to the half century milestone. Personally, I’d rather not be reminded that another birthday is coming up and a BOGO isn’t going to make me feel any better about it.

dusty earth mother April 10, 2013 at 1:31 am

I think I signed up for the emails when I was in my early 40s, not knowing that eventually it would come back to haunt me.